Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Emanuel Announces Pick For Deputy County Executive

ElmiraTelegram    109

Jerome Enamuel, the Democratic candidate for Chemung County Executive announced today that he has chosen a candidate to be his Deputy County Executive if elected. 

At a press conference held this morning in downtown Elmira, Emanuel spoke briefly about the meaning behind Labor Day before announcing he has chosen Don Kraft Sr. as his running mate. 

Kraft is the president of the Southern Tier Building And Construction Trades Council and member/ business manager of the Sheet Metal Workers Local 112.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 2.43.22 PM.png

Kraft spoke briefly, and said he looks forward to the opportunity to serve the people and to bring local labor back to Chemung County.

"Local jobs, for local people," Kraft said. "I guarantee you there isn't a job we can't do given the opportunity."

Emanuel said that it's important to bringing labor to the table, giving men and women of the community a voice.

"There's so many disinfrachised people, I'm sort of beside myself," he said. 

"I am excited that, once we win this election, and we are going to win this election... I'm very exciting to be working with Don and we're gonna make this a better place to live," he said in closing. 

Sign in to follow this