Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Steuben County DA Investigating Alleged Election Fraud In Chemung County

Chris    570

According to the Steuben County District Attorney's Office, they are investigating Watkins Glen International President, Michael Printup, for an alleged election fraud.

Joe Brennan, Michael Printup's opponent for Chemung County Legislature in the 4th District, filed a challenge to the Republican Party designating petition submitted by Michael Printup, claiming he signed a witness statement when he did not witness those people sign the petition.

Read the rest at https://www.mytwintiers.com/news/local-news/steuben-county-da-investigating-alleged-election-fraud/1386174977

Chris    570

I knew this one was gonna be interesting to watch, but damn. 

Mary    110

Honest mistake in a rush, or intentional fraud? Thoughts? Character insight?

Adam    5

Not sure how many folks on here have ever collected petitions or ran for an office, it can be pretty intimidating and confusing to say the least, and as i pointed out in another thread, Joe himself commented as such at one point in the past. You can challenge signatures without having to get a DA involved and allege fraud i think is a tactic to taint the opponent regardless of the outcome of the challenge

KRSullivan    94

Sounds like someone is scared of his challenger. 

I can't remember what he said a couple years ago but I remember everyone was upset about it. I can't remember if it was a sexist or derogatory comment. I tried to find it, but can't. I've never been impressed with him. 

ElmiraTelegram    109

On a reader tip, ElmiraTelegram did some searching and found that there was, in fact, an injunction request filed by Brennan in June 2008 after he was stripped of his committee posts following a misleading media release pertaining to a community event and his belief the county was using grant money to fund abortions. 

The Chemung County Legislature stripped Brennan of his committee posts by a unanimous vote. He then took the issue to court, going before Judge Judith O'Shea, seeking a temporary injunction. No mention of monetary awards being sought was mentioned. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.16.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.16.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.11.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 9.12.34 PM.png

Adam    5

cannot find the minutes for the meeting on the County Website, must be before they posted them online

Sign in to follow this