ElmiraTelegram.com
ElmiraTelegram

Area Police Looking For Missing Child ** UPDATED**

Police in Corning and Elmira are currently investigating the whereabouts of a missing seven year old girl. 

Brianna Rhodes is described as being bi-racial, approximately four feet tall and 68 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 4.44.20 PM.png

Police say Brianna may be with unknown family somewhere in the Southern Tier at this time. She was last seen in the city of Corning. 

Police are asking that anyone with information call Corning Police at 962-0340  or Elmira Police Dept. at 737-5626. 

KarenK    10

Both this and the other missing child that reappeared this weekend sounded a bit like domestic issues to me.  

KReed    21
1 hour ago, KarenK said:

Both this and the other missing child that reappeared this weekend sounded a bit like domestic issues to me.  

I agree. The follow-up reports gave zero information other than both were safely returned home.

Seems like we see more frequent “missing” children that are basically domestic and the child is not in any danger…... whether it’s parental/family not communicating their plans or called in by an over-reacting (or possibly spiteful?) estranged spouse.

Either way, when the community is asked to respond and be on alert, there’s reason to believe the child is in true danger – and that should warrant disclosing as much detail as possible.

KarenK    10
14 hours ago, KReed said:

I agree. The follow-up reports gave zero information other than both were safely returned home.

Seems like we see more frequent “missing” children that are basically domestic and the child is not in any danger…... whether it’s parental/family not communicating their plans or called in by an over-reacting (or possibly spiteful?) estranged spouse.

Either way, when the community is asked to respond and be on alert, there’s reason to believe the child is in true danger – and that should warrant disclosing as much detail as possible.

Yea.  I had some mutual friends with the Elmira Heights kid and was seeing things that led me believe she chose to disappear.  The Corning kid was obviously domestic.  

I do not think the media should be so quick to put this stuff out there without making sure the parents and family have followed the proper procedures. They could very well be making a situation go from bad to worse.

Chris    103
30 minutes ago, KarenK said:

I do not think the media should be so quick to put this stuff out there without making sure the parents and family have followed the proper procedures. They could very well be making a situation go from bad to worse.

Both of these cases were made public by the police. 

Mary    38

There was some very sick comments that were downright disturbing that were posted on Evelyn's mother's page. It sounded like this kid has been exposed to much more adult life than the average 14 year old.

Mary    38

LOL, I know, I know.

When a stranger posts that he hopes the mother receives the child's head in a ribbon under her tree because he thinks the dad is a snitch,  I'd say it's beyond disturbing.

KarenK    10
21 hours ago, Chris said:

Both of these cases were made public by the police. 

Yes they were, but I saw the FB and media posts before the "official" police notices.