Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

S-VE School District Chooses New Superintendent

According to the Spencer -Van Etten School District Facebook page, the Spencer-Van Etten Board of Education has appointed Diahann Hesler as the new Superintendent of Schools, effective July 16.

Hesler’s career in education spans 30 years. She has served as Director of Adult Education, Career and Technical Education and External Programs at TST BOCES since 2016. Her previous positions include School Administrator at GST BOCES and School Counselor at Ithaca City School District, Trumansburg and Newfield Central School Districts.

The Spencer-Van Etten Board of Education has been engaged in the search since April. “The Spencer-Van Etten school board, after a thorough search and interviewing talented candidates, is happy to announce the appointment of Diahann Hesler as our next superintendent,” said Board President Don Johnson. “She brings many years of education experience and leadership at various levels. We are confident that Ms. Hesler is a great fit for our school district and community. We welcome Diahann to Panther Country. Please reach out and do the same.” 

“I grew up in rural schools and have enjoyed working in that setting. I’m excited to join a school district where the school is the hub of the community,” said Hesler. “During my time at GST BOCES, I did a lot of collaborative work with Spencer-Van Etten. The school administrators are innovators and I look forward to being a part of that.” 

Hesler replaces Dr. Joseph Morgan, who served as Superintendent of Schools since 2010.