ElmiraTelegram

Three Arrested After Reported Gunfire In Elmira

On July 5, 2018 at around 12:50 AM, officers from Elmira Police Dept. responded to Gush’s Thirsty Bear located at 351 E. Washington Ave for a report of gun shots.  Upon arrival, officers discovered that a vehicle had been damaged by gunfire. No injuries were reported.

At 1:12 AM, officers responded to the 500 block of Spaulding Street for another report of gun shots.  A residence was found to have been struck by gunfire. No reports of injuries. A vehicle matching the description of the one from Gush’s was reported to be fleeing the area of Spaulding Street.

The suspect vehicle was located and stopped a short time later.  A loaded handgun was located in the vehicle. 

21 year old Danny Durfee, 18 year old Alexandra Hudson, and 19 year old Tyjai Vansickle, all of Elmira were interviewed and charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd Degree, a class C felony.

danny durfee.jpg

alexandra hudson.jpg

tyjai vansickle.jpg

All three were arraigned in Elmira City Court and remanded to the Chemung County Jail.

The investigation into this incident continues.  The Elmira Police Department is asking any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident to contact the Elmira Police Department at (607)737-5626, or the tip line at (607)271-HALT.

Patricia    0

Do you think that anyone who hangs out or works at Gushs would give information about this? Not even if they were standing within 6 inches from the shooter. 

KReed    125
20 minutes ago, Patricia said:

Do you think that anyone who hangs out or works at Gushs would give information about this? Not even if they were standing within 6 inches from the shooter. 

Not when there's a good chance they served these guys and didn't check IDs for the two minors. 

Patricia    0
11 minutes ago, KReed said:

Not when there's a good chance they served these guys and didn't check IDs for the two minors. 

Oh, I know you're right! Anybody can get served, even if they're underage and falling down drunk. 

I was the bartender that night and they sure didn't get served in here the bar was closing and they pulled up,in parking lot and started shooting I always if everyone I been working here 14 years