ElmiraTelegram.com
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Man Found Dead In Elmira

On Tuesday afternoon, officers from the Elmira Police Department were requested to assist the Elmira Fire Department with an unresponsive male.  Officers responded to the Norfolk-Southern underpass near W. Hudson St.  Officers did locate a deceased male in that location.  There were no other persons present at the time. 

This death is still under investigation and the deceased has not yet been positively identified.  Based on investigation at the scene, the cause of death does not appear suspicious.  An autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death.      

The investigation into this incident continues.  The Elmira Police Department is asking any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident to contact the Elmira Police Department at (607)737-5626, or the tip line at (607)271-HALT.

Chris    105

No doubt. 

I also see a lot of people on social media making assumptions he was drunk, overdosed, etc., because it happened in Elmira. Well guess what folks, it happens everywhere. The guy could have been walking home from a late shift and had the big one. It's not a new phenomenon and certainly not unique to an area of the county everyone takes joy in pissing on ( even though it deserves it sometimes ). 

Mary    39

I recall a few years ago, a young boy in a car going down Clemens Center (I think) spotted a deceased individual by Booth. The father turned around, and sure enough, the boy had spotted correctly. The social media comment that struck me was the one from out of town, who said they hadn't heard from their loved one in months and hopes it wasn't that person. That one struck me in a few different ways...