Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Batrowny To Run For Assembly

ElmiraTelegram    109

Local Democrat Bill Batrowny  will make another run for the New York State Assembly 124th District seat this Fall. 

Batrowny, a native of Elmira, graduate from Southside high school and earned a degree in teaching at Mansfield University. After a three year enlistment in the military he began a career as a police officer for Elmira Police Department, serving more than 20 years. 

Batrowny ran unsuccessfully against incumbent Assemblyman Chris Friend ( R ) in 2016. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 7.01.50 PM.png

According to his website, he plans to make the region's opioid addiction problem a priority as well as calling for transparency and ethics reform in Albany. 

If elected, Batrowny says he intends to "bring voice" to Albany. "This campaign is about putting our region back on the map in Albany,' he says. "We need a stronger voice for the district in the Assembly. The people who truly know and love the Southern Tier are being ignored. We are building a campaign to change that."

In addition to facing Assemblyman Friend, he will also face fellow Democrat Randy Reid who announced his candidacy for Assembly earlier this year. 

To learn more about the candidate, go to http://www.billforny.com

Sign in to follow this