ElmiraTelegram

Mall Farmers Market Opens Today

Also known as "Homegrown at Arnot Market", the Arnot Mall farmers market opened today.

20180608_124654.jpg

Located on the Chambers Road side just across from Olive Garden, vendors selling items such as fresh produce, honey, flowers and more were set up and open for business. 

20180608_124853.jpg

The farmers market will be open every Friday from 12-6 pm until October 26th.

Vendors are still welcome. Those interested should call 607-739-8702 for more information.

• Like 2

KarenK    34

Kewl.  Hoping to see more vendors once the veggies are ready.

Chris    339

There wasn't the "20-30" vendors as was reported somewhere back when this was first announced, 10-12 maybe, but it's early I guess. 

I was there around 12:45 and there was still one vendor setting up. I intended to stop back after work and when I walked out at 5:00 one table was empty and another vendor was packing up. I had to double check the hours, and confirmed, they are supposed to be 12-6. 

if you have set hours for an event, the vendors need to arrive early and stay til the event is over. 

KarenK    34
On 6/8/2018 at 6:34 PM, Chris said:

There wasn't the "20-30" vendors as was reported somewhere back when this was first announced, 10-12 maybe, but it's early I guess. 

I was there around 12:45 and there was still one vendor setting up. I intended to stop back after work and when I walked out at 5:00 one table was empty and another vendor was packing up. I had to double check the hours, and confirmed, they are supposed to be 12-6. 

if you have set hours for an event, the vendors need to arrive early and stay til the event is over. 

As a vendor and organizer I can tell you it NEVER happens that way.  No matter what the paperwork says about leaving early, they do what they want.  I know with Woodfest I didn't invite them back if they bailed.  4:00 is 4:00.

It is early though for a "farmers market".  Looks like they could use some more craft vendors too.