Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Chemung Man Charged With Animal Cruelty

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 Elmira Animal Control executed a search warrant at 1152 Hoffman Hollow Road in the Town of Chemung. 

The warrant was a result of a complaint of animal cruelty and neglect of horses. Upon arrival and investigation two horses were found to be in various stages of neglect and malnourishment. Elmira Animal Control seized and removed both horses from the property to undergo treatment, care and further evaluation. The horses were examined and treated and remain under care of a licensed equine veterinarian.

As a result of this investigation, John A. Warren, 40, of 1152 Hoffman Hollow Road was charged with Failure to Provide Sustenance, a class A misdemeanor under the New York State Agriculture and Markets Law. 

Warren was released on an appearance ticket and is due to return to the Town of Chemung Court on June 14th, 2018, at 5:30 PM.

A class A misdemeanor; carries a maximum fine of $1000.00 or one year in jail or both

Hal    96

No reason , no more excuses ! Nope ... Nada ! Not a 1,000 dollar fine or one year in jail it’s Both 

Chris    350

Seems to be a rash of cruelty cases involving horses lately. I wonder why that is. 

Hal    96

For one , examples are not being made by other perpetrators by the Courts . Sob stories and tears about how they just couldn’t afford to care for the horse ... Another is the ones that move to the country and automatically figure they have to have a horse for their two acres ! And oh yeah ... let’s not forget sheer laziness ! 

Mark    101
11 hours ago, Hal said:

No reason , no more excuses ! Nope ... Nada ! Not a 1,000 dollar fine or one year in jail it’s Both 

I agree with you Hal except the sentence should be PER horse.  These animal cruelty cases have got to stop ...

• Like 1

Spiff    21
7 hours ago, Hal said:

For one , examples are not being made by other perpetrators by the Courts . Sob stories and tears about how they just couldn’t afford to care for the horse ... Another is the ones that move to the country and automatically figure they have to have a horse for their two acres ! And oh yeah ... let’s not forget sheer laziness ! 

I know of this person and he is definitely not all there. I do feel bad for the horses maybe take his food and water a way for a few weeks and see how he feels.

• Like 2