Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Krusen To Run On Independent Line Only

In surprise move,  Chemung County Deputy Executive Mike Krusen announced earlier today he would be running only on the Independent Party line in the race for Chemung County Executive this November. 

Krusen had been running as a Republican, but says after talking to people throughout the county he feels the Independent Party better reflects how he thinks the county government should be run. He also said the move was to "avoid political rancor" as a result of a primary. Prior to this, Krusen was set to have a primary run off against fellow Republican and current Chemung County Sheriff Chris Moss. 

Krusen said it was important not to ignore Democrats or, "... the thousands of Chemung County voters who choose not to affiliate with a major political party because they, like me, are tired of the hyper-partisanship that serves little purpose in our efforts to move our community forward."

This move by Krusen sets up a three way race in November, with Democrat Jerome Emanuel running as the Democratic candidate. 

Chris    342

"Avoiding political rancor" or simply avoiding a primary loss, either way it's a ballsy move. And not entirely bad for the people of Chemung County to have more to pick from than Column A or Column B. 

KRSullivan    43

I'll guarantee there's some polling done I told him he doesn't stand a chance against Moss. And instead of dropping out of the race gracefully this is his way of doing it. I mean I can't blame him I wouldn't want to give up with a double dipping in my paycheck and pension along with steg. He has a good gig going on.

Adam    3

seeing this move, while politically smart, i now know where my support goes

Chris    342

I'm not so sure I would call it "smart". It could send the wrong message to voters.

Adam    3
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Chris said:

I'm not so sure I would call it "smart". It could send the wrong message to voters.

he bypasses a face-off with Moss which if he primaries and loses, takes alot of momentum out of his campaign and fuels the Moss campaign in the general election this at least guarantees him a bight at the apple, though i think in doing this, he has put blood in the water, and supporters may start to waiver, has not helped his reputation in the wake of prior news stories...My biggest thing is i see it as robbing voters of a chance to really see what both candidates have to offer,bring substantive issues to light, and while i have spoken with him and found him nice enough, this move almost seems to make people think there is something to hide. Politics is not my strong-suit but i would much rather support the guy that puts it all out there and rolls the dice, come what may.

Edited by Adam

KRSullivan    43

I'm thinking he's going to try and pull another Otto Campanella. He ran as a third party for judge of a few years ago and won. But unfortunately he won't do it, or should I say fortunately. Because he'll just be another Santulli. I'm not sure the county can afford that for much longer. 

Mary    83

I wish Moss would stop the negativity on Facebook. It's a real turn off.

• Like 1

Hal    96

I jumped off That particular FB page long ago ... too much ingnorance from some posters and the negativity ,as you say , was a turn off ! 

KReed    87
1 hour ago, Mary said:

I wish Moss would stop the negativity on Facebook. It's a real turn off.

9 minutes ago, Hal said:

I jumped off That particular FB page long ago ... too much ingnorance from some posters and the negativity ,as you say , was a turn off ! 

I really don't see much of this on Moss's page that I follow.....is there a separate campaign page?

Hal    96
Posted (edited)

Actually I made a post when it first came on FB . Some idiot got all butt hurt because his reading comprehension wasn’t quite up to snuff . I figured since it was Moss’s site he would respond and straighten things out . He didn’t , I said bye bye and haven’t been back there since . 

But I’m still in his corner ! 

Edited by Hal