ElmiraTelegram

West Water Street Downtown Rehabilitation Project Public Info Meeting To Be Held

The City of Elmira Department of Public Works will be hosting a Public Information Meeting for the West Water Street Downtown Rehabilitation Project on Monday, May 21st, 2018, at 2:30-4:00p.m., at the Steele Memorial Library, located at 101 E Church St.

This project is a Locally Administered Federally Funded project slated for construction in 2019. The purpose of the meeting is to familiarize the public about the project, the project’s benefits and potential impacts. Representatives of the City, State and the City’s consultant design team will be available to discuss the project and gather comments. 

The scope of the West Water Street Downtown Rehabilitation Project includes a new streetscape for the 100 and 200 blocks of West Water Street, including pavement reconstruction, aesthetic treatments, and parking across from the new 100 W Water development. In conjunction with the adjacent business owners, the project team has designed a preferred concept, and would like feedback from the community.

The meeting will kick-off with a short presentation and be followed by an open house for the remainder of the time.

KarenK    34

Curious how many people with jobs are available for a public meeting at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Monday?

• Sad 1

Chris    340

I've requested more information, hope to hear back Monday. 

KRSullivan    40
7 hours ago, KarenK said:

Curious how many people with jobs are available for a public meeting at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Monday?

It's amazes me how meetings are set up for middle of the day. I guess that way they can say "we had the meeting and nobody objected".