Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Voters Approve Elmira School District Budget

According to preliminary results, voters in the Elmira City School District approved one proposition and elected three candidates to school board seats.

The District’s proposed 2018-2019 General Fund Budget of $127,885,274 was passed 478 to 152.

“We are extremely grateful for the community’s support of our mission to provide a safe and engaging learning environment for our students, and look forward to our continued work together to support the Elmira community," said Superintendent Hillary Austin. "We are pleased to provide a comprehensive budget that includes transportation replacements, regular maintenance upgrades of software and technology, and additional safety programs. The budget supports those investments while continuing existing academic, fine arts, athletic, and extracurricular programs."

Voters also elected three candidates to serve on the Board of Education: Scott Moore, Randy Reid, and Ronald W. Shaw.

The three candidates ran for three open seats and were elected to three-year terms commencing July 1, 2018 and expiring June 30, 2021.

“I congratulate the incumbents on their upcoming board appointment and look forward to our work together,” Austin said.

All results are preliminary figures. Official election results will be certified at the Regular Board Meeting on Wednesday, May 16th. 

Adam    3

am i wrong or was the contingency budget higher than the proposed budget? I thought thats how it read in the mailer sent out

KRSullivan    71

No, The contingency budget has no increase and doesn't allow for anything new to be done. 

• Like 1