Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Eric Schneiderman, Accused By Four Women, Quits As NY Attorney General

Eric T. Schneiderman, the New York State attorney general who rose to prominence as an antagonist of the Trump administration, abruptly resigned on Monday night hours after The New Yorker reported that four women had accused him of physically assaulting them.

“It’s been my great honor and privilege to serve as attorney general for the people of the State of New York,” Mr. Schneiderman said in a statement. “In the last several hours, serious allegations, which I strongly contest, have been made against me.

“While these allegations are unrelated to my professional conduct or the operations of the office, they will effectively prevent me from leading the office’s work at this critical time. I therefore resign my office, effective at the close of business on May 8, 2018.”

His resignation represented a stunning fall for a politician who had also assumed a prominent role in the #MeToo movement.

See the rest at https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/nyregion/new-york-attorney-general-eric-schneiderman-abuse.html

Hal    142

Oh ... how the mighty fall ! 

Strongly contesting but resigning Quickly 🤔 ... 💩 ! 

Chris    481

I would have sprinkled some of this deliciousness on my corn flakes this morning if I could have. 

I love when a hypocrite of this magnitude gets exposed. 

Chris    481

I saw this headline today and it struck me as odd:

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 9.15.51 PM.png

Like saying, "Yeah but he did some things we like so he's not all bad."

Adam    5

By some of the reporting and his own statements, he apparently liked the rough stuff in the bedroom, so i am wondering if some of those women are not just amending situations to suit their/someone else's agenda?