Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Springfield Armory Cuts Dick's Off Completely

Mark    88

I know what your thinking.  That's got to hurt, right?

http://gunsgeardaily.wpengine.com/springfield-armory-cuts-dicks-off/

In a move to counter Dick's Sporting Goods recent misguided attack on the rights of gun owners and those of the next generation of up and coming outdoors enthusiasts, Springfield Armory will stop selling firearms to Dick's and their subsidiary Field and Stream.

Mark    88

I have to admit, I stopped into Field & Stream this week to buy a new air horn from their boating/kayaking department.  I swear I believe I was the only customer in the store.  Every time I saw another person walking the aisles, it turned out to be a F&S employee who jumped out to greet me.  I wandered over to the firearm department to see what had changed.  To my horror, some of the floor space, where the stacked boxes of bulk ammo and reloading equipment used to be, was now clothing.  The handgun counters seemed less populated.  There were two associates sitting down at the far end past the rifles, and neither bothered to get up to come down to ask me if I needed any help.  Not another soul was there shopping.  I snagged my air horn, paid for it, and scurried to my truck, hoping no one I knew would see me coming out of the store.

I could tell this chain is in trouble.  BIG TROUBLE!  That night when I got home and checked my email, I found a questionnaire from F&S wanting to know all about my purchase experience at their store.  I gave them a ho-hum rating, and the survey caught that and asked me to comment on what I didn't like.  I responded that I didn't like the way they were removing America's most popular modern sporting rifles from their inventories.  I further told them I was disgusted at the way they had arbitrarily adjusted their minimum age to buy long guns, excluding young hunters and shooters, the very same people they should be catering to and relying on to become lifetime customers in future years.  Finally, I chided them for forgetting who their customers are and gave some advice to their Board of Directors:  Take your CEO out and publicly flog him prior to terminating him with zero benefits, as he is destroying your company.  I have never seen a corporation dedicated to a certain niche customer so blatantly turn against their base.

My wife wisely commented that they should just change their name to "Stream" before it's too late.

Hal    82

I have noticed more and more clothing than actual hardware . Last week I made a purchase and they asked if I had a Club Card I told them I did but not worth bringing it out of my wallet . And as Mark stated the place was really empty of customers ! Anyone else remember when they put seasonal stuff on clearance, like really marked down ? That went out the window apparently because I keep track of these things and I see most of the sale stuff as being actually marked up ! 

AND KUDO’S TO SPRINGFIELD ARMORY !!