Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Cost Of Amazon Prime To Go Up

Amazon is increasing the price of its Prime membership from $99 to $119 starting on May 11. 

The company just announced the price increase on its first quarter earnings call, attributing the spike to the service's rising costs, and noting that this was its first price hike since March 2014. 

Amazon Prime, which has more than 100 million paid members worldwide, gives members free two-day shipping on lots of products, as well as access to exclusive TV shows, movies, and music. 

New users will have to pay $119 for Prime starting on May 11, though existing Prime members will have until June 16 to renew their membership at the current $99 price-point. The move comes only a few months after Amazon raised Prime's monthly membership 18 percent, from $10.99 per month to $12.99 per month.

See the rest at https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/26/amazon-will-increase-the-price-of-its-annual-prime-plan-effective-may-1.html

Mary    81

I love Amazon Prime. Definitely worth it. (notice proper spelling of definitely).

I did almost 80% of my Christmas shopping through Prime last year. 

Mark    88

I say it's worth it here too.  I do most of my business purchasing through Prime now.  In the "old" days, I would have to go from supplier to supplier to see where I could get the bulk of the items I needed just to bundle to help reduce my shipping costs on purchases (which were several hundred dollars per year).  Now, I just click "buy" on amazon for an item.  Price is still good and shipping is free.  Two hours later, I order something else.  Two hours later ... , you get the idea (I'm probably the reason they had to raise prices).

Started using the Prime movie streaming services a couple months ago, and really love that service too.

Prime is easily worth the price, and it tickles me to have the postman come to my house on Sundays too. :D

Chris    294

I never really explored the other Prime options until the last couple months. Streaming music through my phone Prime video mainly. I haven't looked at their free Kindle books in a long time, I probably should.