ElmiraTelegram.com
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Traffic Stop In Elmira Leads To Weapons Arrest

On Sunday at approximately 12:20 a.m., an Elmira Police Officer was stopped in traffic on Lake St. and observed a vehicle across the intersection.  As this vehicle passed, the officer observed Tareek L Simmons as the back seat passenger.  The officer was aware that Tareek had an active Arrest Warrant for Robbery 3rd.  The officer notified another officer and began to follow this vehicle to perform a traffic stop.

When the officer conducted the traffic stop, Tareek immediately fled from the vehicle and a foot pursuit began.  After a brief chase, Tareek was taken into custody.  When retracing the path of the foot chase, a loaded firearm was located.

image.jpeg

Tareek was arrested on the Robbery warrant and also charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon 2nd, a class C felony, and Resisting Arrest. The Robbery warrant was related to an incident on November 11th, 2017, in which Tareek forcibly stole property from another person.

The investigation into this incident continues.  The Elmira Police Department is asking any witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident to contact the Elmira Police Department at (607)737-5626, or the tip line at (607)271-HALT.

Mary    38

Is that a teardrop tattoo? I heard somewhere that has a meaning- like a murder or something? Am I out in left field on this?

KReed    21
7 hours ago, Mary said:

Is that a teardrop tattoo? I heard somewhere that has a meaning- like a murder or something? Am I out in left field on this?

That's one of the most common meanings for some gangs. But it can be for other stuff too - a few gang sects use it to signify the death of a gang "family" member.

And the occasional douchebag with no gang affiliation that just thinks it looks cool.

• Like 1

Chris    103
6 minutes ago, KReed said:

And the occasional douchebag with no gang affiliation that just thinks it looks cool.

"Hey, what could make me even less employable ? Oh I know..."