ElmiraTelegram

Candor Residents Speak Out Against Dollar General Store

None of the members of the public spoke in favor of the new Dollar General, which is slated to be constructed on land adjacent to the Town Hall by the end of the year.

Still, ultimately the Planning Board approved the site plan review and State Environmental Quality Review for the project.

A petition against the store is circulating, though it does not have any legal teeth, and it’s unclear how much of an impact it would have on the developers. Gage’s position on the matter was that a petition would not stop Dollar General from moving ahead and that the residents would most likely come to appreciate the store and end up shopping there themselves.

See the rest at http://www.ithaca.com/news/candor/candor-residents-speak-out-against-dollar-general/article_8bf108ec-329e-11e8-8f1c-07061b463313.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

KarenK    28

Nobody wanted it in Breesport either (well except me and one other person I know of) however there is pretty much a full parking lot every day when I drive by.

• Like 1

Chris    233

I see both sides of it. There's a little grocery store already there.