Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Logan-Lattimore To Run For County's 13th Legislative Seat

Elmira, NY – Elmira resident, Democrat and local church Deaconess, Tanisha Logan-Lattimore, will formally announce her candidacy for Chemung County Legislature, 13th District, at a “Meet-n-Greet” reception to be held at the VFW in Elmira, on Thursday, April 5th from 6-8pm. 

The 13th District encompasses parts of the City Of Elmira and Town of Southport. The seat is currently held by incumbent Richard Madl, a Republican. Madl has not yet announced his intentions this election cycle, however former Elmira Police Chief Scott Drake announced his intentions to run as a Republican and Conservative earlier this year. 

Tanisha Logan-Lattimore moved to Elmira in the late 80's while in middle school. She graduated from Elmira Free Academy in 1994. She then went on to graduate from Corning Community College with an Associates Degree in Human Services, and from the University of Phoenix with a Bachelors Degree in Human Services Management. She is employed as the Director at the OFHOPE Daycare Center. She is also a Deaconess and a Minister in Training at “Our Father's House of Prayer Eternal”, and is a Trustee on their board.

She is currently studying Christian Ministries at Kings College and Seminary. She is the wife of Henry Lattimore, the mother of 8 sons ages 1-23, and a grandmother of a 2 ½ year old baby girl, with another grandchild on the way.

Tanisha had previously been married to the late Maurice Davis and was expecting his child, when he was shot and killed while sleeping, by a rogue bullet that had come through the walls of their Elmira home on Aug. 1, 2008. He was an innocent bystander. Mr. Davis was a Deacon at “Our Father's House of Prayer Eternal”, a Veteran, and a father, at the time of his death. The multi agency investigation into Mr. Davis' untimely death did result in uncovering a cocaine trafficking ring and netted the arrest of 6 individuals, shedding light on many crimes in the Elmira area.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 8.25.43 PM.png

In 2010, Tanisha married Henry Lattimore, and together they are raising a blended family. Henry is also a Deacon at “Our Father's House of Prayer Eternal”, is active in their community and has been a driving force in encouraging his wife to run for office. He serves as the fundraising manager on her campaign.

When asked why she decided to run for office, Tanisha responded by explaining that at one time she wanted to run away from Elmira. She wanted to leave and never look back after the senseless act that took Maurice Davis from her. Her faith in God, and a hope for creating a better community, turned her heart from labeling herself a victim and running away, and instead she made the decision to run for office. She decided to continue to raise her family here, get more involved in her community, and started making solid, measurable plans on how she would improve that community. Plans she will put into action once elected as a Chemung County Legislator in the 13th District.

“I want to be part of a change that will help our young people re-learn the importance of values, morals, integrity, and education. As a community it is our shared responsibility to invest in a future for our children,' she said. 

"I want this for your children just as much as I want it for my own. This can, and will happen with the support of the residents of the 13th Legislative District on November 6, 2018!”

For more information you can visit her website at www.ElectTanisha.com

Adam    3

Seeing what i have to date in another situation and not knowing her or her platform yet the only thing i would caution is remember the difference between philanthropy/Proselytizing and governing....otherwise by the bio seems like she might have some good motivations for improvement