Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Police Investigating Death Of Child In Elmira

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at approx. 11:00 am, the Elmira Police Department responded to a residence located on East Thurston Street in the City of Elmira for a death investigation.  Upon arrival, officers discovered that an 8 year old female had died inside the residence.  

Investigators have now ruled the death a homicide.

Police say that due to the sensitivity of this case, no further information will be released at this time.The investigation into this matter continues.  

The Elmira Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding this tragedy contact the Elmira Police Detective Bureau at (607) 737-5618.

Mary    109

Wow, rest in peace you precious angel.

I hope whoever is responsible will find the karma they deserve.

JUST IN:

The Elmira Police Department say they have received several inquiries into the details surrounding the E. Thurston Street homicide investigation.

At this time, there is no evidence to support or suggest that the general public is in any danger in relation to this investigation.  This is believed to be an isolated incident.

The investigation into this matter continues.  The Elmira Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding this tragedy contact the Elmira Police Detective Bureau at (607) 737-5618.

UPDATE:

The Elmira Police Department continues to investigate that March 24, 2018 death of an eight year old female.  Police say the child died from blunt force trauma caused by another person.

Anyone with information concerning her death is requested to contact the Elmira Police Department Detective Bureau at (607) 737-5618 or via email at PoliceEPDHotline@cityofelmira.net.

Police say any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Chris    520
4 hours ago, Momoftwosons said:

I've noticed this story has all but disappeared.   Wonder why they are still being hush hush? 

Welcome !

I don't know for sure. There's been some rumors on Facebook, but we try to avoid them here.  

Last I knew, police were asking for patience to allow the investigation to be done thoroughly and correctly and were not releasing more to ensure that happens. 

If it means justice for this poor kid, it's worth it. 

KReed    213

Welcome Momof2

I agree that  it seems hush-hush. I haven't seen any FB rumors, but have a gut instinct on why no information would be released, and may never be.

Not even publishing a death notice/obit is the most unsettling to me. Sensitive or not, it's wrong to carry on as if she'd never existed.