ElmiraTelegram

New Restaurant Coming To Arnot Mall

Shoppers at the Arnot Mall will soon have another choice of place to eat beginning later this Spring. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 10.06.29 AM.png

Hometown Teams BBQ will open for business in May in the mall's food court in the former Arby's location next to the arcade. According to their Facebook page, Hometown Teams BBQ will be a "family style" restaurant with a local sports team theme. Owner Don Lewis says Hometown Teams BBQ will work with local sports teams to give back to the community. 

KarenK    33

Well, it's not something available at the mall right now but personally, think we have enough BBQ places.  Best of luck to them though.

• Like 2

Spiff    15
On 3/24/2018 at 4:33 PM, KarenK said:

Well, it's not something available at the mall right now but personally, think we have enough BBQ places.  Best of luck to them though.

Im with ya on that one!!

KReed    61

Agreed.....the market seems saturated in this area.

Although I have to say, locally good bbq joints aren't as plentiful as bbq places in general. We have Burke's (when and where you can track them down) and Fat Jack's in Ithaca...and I've heard great things about Virgil's at Tioga Downs. (haven't tried the Nickel's place in Watkins Glen yet)

But brick 'n mortar bbq places right here? I see lukewarm reviews. So if this place can put out something worth writing home about, they may do well. 

Chris    299

Absolutely. Anyone who has the cojones to start a new business, especially in the food industry, deserves props. 

As I said elsewhere, I'm not a huge BBQ fan but I'll give 'em a shot. Having some diversity in food choices at the Mall is a good thing.

KarenK    33
On 3/29/2018 at 7:47 PM, Chris said:

Absolutely. Anyone who has the cojones to start a new business, especially in the food industry, deserves props. 

As I said elsewhere, I'm not a huge BBQ fan but I'll give 'em a shot. Having some diversity in food choices at the Mall is a good thing.

That's for sure!  I work weekends at the mall at a place that has food too but my choices are limited and I am a huge variety person.

Chris    299

Must be trying out the new equipment.The smells coming out of there are pretty good.

Chris    299

They opened today and it sure smelled good. 

( Thanks for catching the error KReed! )

• Like 1