Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Keenan To Run For County's 12th District Seat

ElmiraTelegram    109

The field of candidates seeking a seat on the Chemung County Legislature has grown even more as candidate Peter Keenan has announced his intention to run for the County's 12th District Legislative seat. The 12th District Is comprised of the City of Elmira and parts of the Town of Southport. 

Keenan, an Elmira native, will face incumbent Paul Collins. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 11.01.19 PM.png

On his Facebook page, Keenan describes himself as a "progressive activist" stating the the current county legislature represents the interest of the County Executive, not the constituents. According to his website, he believes all Chemung County Legislative meetings should be recorded and made available online for public viewing and that legislators should be required to hold district meetings at least once a quarter. He also plans to take on issues such as the county's opioid epidemic and expanding the local economy through exploring renewable energy. 

Keenan will hold an event on Saturday March 24th at Horigans in Elmira to kick off his campaign. The event begins at 1 pm. 

To learn more, go to http://www.votepeterkeenan.org

Chris    571

There is no effing way I am going to be able to get an infographic put together with all of these candidates.

Sign in to follow this