Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Reid To Run For NY Assembly

ElmiraTelegram    109

Area businessman Randy Reid announced his candidacy for New York State Assembly today, seeking to represent the states 124th District which encompasses the area from between Elmira-Corning Regional Airport to the Binghamton Regional Airport in the Town of Maine along the I-86 Corridor.

"I feel I have something to offer this underserved District. I will bring the same commitment and passion to this elected position that I have for my current role serving on the Elmira City School District Board of Education. Our campaign will focus on making the 124th Assembly District a player in Albany,” said Reid 

Reid, a Democrat, will face Republican incumbent Christopher Friend. 

"There are so many development opportunities for our region and we need an experienced leader, who will champion our area," he said. "We haven’t had leadership from our Assembly Representative since George Winner and Tom O’Mara were in the Assembly." 

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 6.46.29 PM.png

Reid said that as a small business owner himself, he plans to represent Main St. in Albany. He plans to work toward reducing small business taxes, opening up access to capital and working to ensure proposed legislation will not stifle growth for businesses in the region.

"Small businesses are the backbone of the community.  Small businesses support their families and help keep the communities a vital place to live and work."

Reid said he understands what it's like for working families in the area who are living paycheck to paycheck and struggling to pay bills." My wife and I experienced this when we first were married 22 years ago," he said. "Recently, we overcame bankruptcy in our businesses so I know the struggle is real.” 

Randy Reid spent over 20 years in the TV industry, 8 of those years as VP and General Manager of WETM-TV before opening his Advertising Agency in 2011. Currently Randy is a partner at Gateway Product Solutions in Elmira and works as a consultant in Marketing and Advertising. In addition, Randy was recently hired by Capabilities, in Elmira as the Business Development Manager. 

He is currently a member of the Elmira City School District Board of Education. First elected to the board in 2012, he is now serving his second term. 

Additionally, Reid serves on a number of Boards including, Southern Tier Economic Growth, and STC Regional Planning Board. Reid is also a board member of Chemung County Child Care Council, Arctic League, and the Ernie Davis Scholarship Committee. Mr. Reid is also a member of the Elmira Rotary Club and is a Paul Harris Fellow. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this