Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Two Stoneman Douglas Students Arrested For Bringing Weapons To School

Two Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students are under arrest for bringing weapons to school. As students try to get back to normal at Stoneman Douglas following last month's mass shooting, now comes news of the arrest of two students, another one committed for psychological evaluation and a deputy placed on paid suspension, CBS Miami reports.

Jordan Salter, 18, is one of two students arrested for bringing a knife to school.

According to an arrest form, during an argument with another student, "Jordan reached inside of her bra and pulled out a 2" black handle knife, unfolded the knife and showed it" to the student she was arguing with.

According to Broward County Sheriff's Office, 17-year-old Gavin Stricker, a 10th grader, was also arrested after "a nine inch knife was found in his backpack. Mr. Stricker was placed into custody and transported to JARC."

"It makes me sad because we just lost 17 of our family members and they're making the problem worse when we're trying to make everything better," said student Angelina Lazo

See more at https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stoneman-douglas-high-school-students-arrested-for-bringing-weapons-to-school/

Hal    77

Things is getting a mite edgy down there now ! 

Mark    77

After living through the massacre, I can see the desire to want some means to protect one's self during possible future events.  That said, pulling it out to threaten somebody is just plain stupid.

3 hours ago, Hal said:

Things is getting a mite edgy down there now ! 

LOL.  I see what you just did there Hal ...

Mahatma    9

if Mark didn't point it out i never woulda caught it. That Hal and his sharp wit!  

Hal    77
7 hours ago, Mahatma said:

if Mark didn't point it out i never woulda caught it. That Hal and his sharp wit!  

Thanks Mahatma ... dad always said I was the sharpest spoon in the drawer ! 

Ann    20
5 hours ago, Hal said:

The vegetable spoon....you know, the one with holes in it?

• Haha 2

KReed    50
Posted (edited)

I posted this in the School shooting topic, but it fits here too...

image.png.1be27977590e6c7955681ba8a3733c7d.png

By the way, David, you're correct that being prohibited from sporting the backpack of choice is a violation of rights that falls loosely under First Amendment 'expression' .

And hey Mr Constitutional Genius....

There is also the right to be "secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects" that's a whole Amendment by itself

And violating civil right is indeed disgusting...First, Second, Fourth, Fifth....all of them.

Edited by KReed

Mahatma    9
On 3/23/2018 at 6:25 AM, Hal said:

Mom always said I could be about as sharp as a marble!  :-)

• Haha 1