Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Stephen Hawking Says He Knows What Happens Before The Dawn Of Time

He tells physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson that amid the almost infinitely small quantum foam of the singularity before the Big Bang, time existed in a ‘bent’” state.

It was distorted along another dimension — always getting fractionally closer to, but never becoming, nothing.

So there never was a Big Bang that created something from nothing.

It’s just looks that way from our point of perspective.

“All the evidence seems to indicate, that the universe has not existed forever, but that it had a beginning, about 15 billion years ago,” Hawking says in one of his lectures.

See the rest at http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/03/05/stephen-hawking-says-knows-what-happened-before-dawn-time.html

• Like 1

Mary    81

He is just way too smart, and I , way too ignorant. I just scratch my head at his findings, saying huh?

Hal    82
Posted (edited)

I am blissfully ignorant when it comes to theoretical physics etc ... and a but in 3.2.1 , But I believe instead of using the word “knows “ they should be saying he theorizes or hypothesizes. Unless he was around for it of course .... pictures or it didn’t happen ! 

Edited by Hal
  • Haha 1

Chris    303

What goes on in that man's mind has got to be amazing. 

The movie, "The Theory Of Everything" , abou his early years is a must watch.

Hal    82

True enough , but imagine if he put that mind to work on our future instead our past . Just a thought . 

• Like 1

Chris    303
4 hours ago, Hal said:

True enough , but imagine if he put that mind to work on our future instead our past . Just a thought . 

Who's to say he isn't? 

After all, this is the guy who suggested maybe reaching out to other intelligent life in the universe may not be such a great idea. That they may not be friendly. 

Hal    82

Okay , he may be on to something there ( imagine saying that to him lol ) . Aliens would take one look at us and catch the nearest black hole the hell away from here ! 

Chris    303

No kidding, RIP Dr Hawking. 

But really, he lived decades longer than they said he would, so he was a lucky man in that respect. 

Mary    81

Yes, he did.

I didn't realize he left his first wife for his nurse, and later divorced him.  I guess I didn't really know much about him other than his genius status.

Chris    303
6 minutes ago, Mary said:

Yes, he did.

I didn't realize he left his first wife for his nurse, and later divorced him.  I guess I didn't really know much about him other than his genius status.

"The Theory Of Everything" was a good flick, check it out. 

KReed    61

Hawking passes and it's Albert Einstein's birthday......maybe Pi Day really is significant.

• Like 1