ElmiraTelegram

Sheriff’s Department Investigating Death Of Inmate At County Jail

The Chemung County Sheriff’s Office is currently conducting a death investigation, which occurred at the Chemung County Jail on February 27, 2018, at approximately 10:10 a.m.According to the Sheriff's Department, correctional staff were conducting a housing unit search when an inmate, identified as 35 year old Leo Disbrow swallowed an illegal narcotic contraband.

It was unknown to officers that the inmate had swallowed the contraband. A short time later, Disbrow began exhibiting overdose symptoms, at 
which time medical staff was summoned and he was transported to a local hospital.

Disbrow was later pronounced deceased at the hospital.

The preliminary investigation indicates that Disbrow, who entered the facility on Friday 2/23/18, utilized a method referred to as "boofing" to enter the jail with the contraband.

The investigation into the incident is being investigated by the Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division and is continuing at this time.

1 hour ago, ElmiraTelegram said:

"...The preliminary investigation indicates that Disbrow, who entered the facility on 
Friday 2/23/18, utilized a method referred to as "boofing" to enter the jail with the contraband
."

Who wants to bet it had nothing to do with kayaking. ;)

https://paddling.com/learn/boofing/

1 hour ago, ElmiraTelegram said:

Edited by Jerry Falletta

Hal    93
49 minutes ago, KarenK said:

I had to review the Urban Dictionary for that one.   Ewwww

So , is it drugs going downstream or more like salmon going upstream ? Oh ... I could have really been more descriptive in my question but held back ! LOL ? 

Mary    82

Interestingly- or not so- Disbrow's recent "girlfriend", (at the very least was in cahoots with Disbrow in mid December when he was incarcerated in Steuben County jail)  was arrested yesterday as well for possession of a controlled substance...had been in a long term relationship with another drug user who also passed away from an overdose (fetanyl patches) 16-20 months ago. How's that for your conscience.... certainly not something to add "substance" to your online dating profile.

The pathetic thing is that all of these overdose deaths are all connected, friend wise, and call each other "fam" . Well hell, if multiple members of my "fam" kept dropping from this poison, I'd either look for a new "fam" or take a real long hard look at my life choices. Russian Roulette- it's just a matter of time.

KarenK    34

According to his FB he is salt of the earth, best guy on earth ...............yada yada.  

Mary    82

Aren't they all?

I was in Burlington Coat Factory yesterday to get something for one of my boys, and saw a bunch of the "fam" also shopping for funeral suits.