Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

State Police In Auburn Arrest 12 Year Old For Terroristic Threats

On February 16, 2018, the State Police arrested a 12  year old male student from the Port Byron School District for making a Terroristic Threat, a class "D" Felony.

The student made claims of harming students at the school on social media and during school.  He was given an apperance ticket to Cayuga County Family Court for Tuesday.

At no time did investigators believe his threats would be carried out and at no time were any students or facilty in danger.

Edited by Chris
Thread title fixed.

Chris    303

12 years old, and charged with a felony. 

Tell me again we have to focus on guns, gun control, etc. 

Hal    82
28 minutes ago, ElmiraTelegram said:

At no time did investigators believe his threats would be carried out and at no time were any students or facilty in danger.

See something , Say something ... does work , sometimes . But how many “ reports “ are simply ignored or overlooked until too late ? For example multiple reports to FBI and Local Authorities were Ignored leading to 17 deaths in Florida . But yet protests are staged at the NRA Headquarters in Virginia ?? 

And I still believe the FBI and those Local Authorities were complicit by their Inaction ! 

Chris    303

There's too many variables. I do not, for one second, buy the story that the Florida loser's IP address couldn't be tracked down. 

Of course part of the problem too is there's a lot of idiots out there who type that kind of thing as a goof. Thousands of them I'm sure. But this kid had a record already. The "smoke" was already showing. 

Hal    82

Major Fail in my opinion , by the Authorities ! Here’s an idea , quit jumping at the chain with this whole Russian Election meddling bullshit the Fumbling Bumbling Idiots ( FBI ) are caught up in and get back to investigating/ possibly preventing such tragedy’s . See something , say something only works if the authorities DO something . 

And yes there are the copy cats that want their 15 Minutes of fame . What do we do about the whole situation ? Damned if I know , but I do know an inanimate object such as a gun is not at fault . I have yet to hear them rustling around in my gun safe ! 

Chris    303

I can live with human error, it hsppens everywhere. But not the excuse "we couldn't..." because thats BS. Be honest, say "We didnt...".

But ultimately the person who gets the blame here is the shooter. 

Not the NRA, the gun, the feds... the puke that pulled the trigger.

Hal    82

He was too chickenshit to off himself after the deed , now pleading guilty to avoid death row where he would still sit for 20 years . 17 died , he admits doing it , there are witness’s why should he live one more minute ?! 

Chris    303

Anyone wondering why these occurrences are happening more need to take a close look at the media coverage/sensationalism of the events. I offer exhibits A,B, and C:

On February 18, 2018, at about 3:15 p.m., New York State Police at Oneonta arrested Aiden M. O’Day, age 21, from Otego, NY for the felony of Making a Terroristic Threat in the town of Otego.  
An investigation determined that O’Day had made threats aimed at the Franklin Central School.  He was arrested without incident, and the investigation determined that there was no danger to the school or public.  O’Day was arraigned in the Otego Town Court and remanded to the Otego County Jail.

(Davenport, NY – February 20, 2018) On February 16, 2018, at about 7:12 p.m., New York State Police at Oneonta arrested a 15-year-old male, from Davenport, NY for the felony of Making a Terroristic Threat in the town of Davenport.  
An investigation determined that the subject, who goes to that school, had made threats aimed at the Charlotte Valley Central School.  He was arrested without incident, and the investigation determined that there was no danger to the school or public.  The teen was issued a ticket for Delaware County Family Court and was turned over to a family member.  

(Triangle, NY – February 20, 2018) On February 15, 2018, at about 11:00 p.m., New York State Police at Whitney Point arrested a 16-year-old male, from Glen Aubrey, NY, for the felony of Making a Terroristic Threat in the town of Triangle.  
An investigation determined that the subject made threats aimed at the Whitney Point High School, while riding in a school bus.  He was arrested without incident, and the investigation determined that there was no danger to the school or public.

And yes I know I am being slightly hypocritical here. But what if even one of these four incidents listed in this threat was credible? Or did result in another school shooting?

Anyone think these four thought of this all on their own, at about the same time, in the past week?