Sign in to follow this  

POLL - Military Parade: Yay Or Nay ?

Military Parade: Yay Or Nay ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the President Trump's idea for a military parade to be held in DC ?

• Yes
    • No

President Trump has ordered the Pentagon to plan a military “celebration” in Washington, D.C. to show “appreciation” for the U.S. Armed Forces.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed on Tuesday that Trump requested such an event.

“President Trump is incredibly supportive of America’s great service members who risk their lives every day to keep our country safe. He has asked the Department of Defense to explore a celebration at which all Americans can show their appreciation,” Sanders said.

Trump had previously considered the idea of a military parade through the streets of the nation’s capital after attending France’s Bastille Day as the guest of honor in July. The president admired the country’s celebrations, and called the parade “magnificent.”

See the rest at http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/06/trump-orders-military-celebration-in-washington-dc.html

Take our new poll: What do you think ? Should there be a military parade held or no ? Why or why not ?

Chris    187

I cannot get behind this idea. 

Images of tanks and troops marching down streets is and should be left to the world dictatorships, past and present, trying to show the world they have the bigger penis. Not just China or Best Korea, but Russia under Stalin and Nazi Germany. 

Glenn Beck mentioned something this morning that hit me like a ton of bricks, something I hadn't thought about but could 100% grasp. The last time military vehicles and troops were on American streets the World Trade Center was still smoldering. Fighters flying overhead. That was an extremely surreal and frightening thing to see, something I'd rather not see ever again. 

I don't know what the overall cost would be for an event of this magnitude, but since it's the government, we know it wouldn't be cheap. I'd much rather support and thank our military by using that money to give them the tools they need to get the job done and come home safely. 

• Like 1

Hal    62

No , as much as I appreciate our Military I believe this parade would just be emulating those that we see from NKorea , Russia , China etc . Would serve no purpose other than a dog and pony show !