Sign in to follow this  

Actor Tim Collins Returns With Anti-Bullying Performance Feb. 21

Actor Tim Collins returns to Elmira with his one man show, "Standing By, Standing Up" to the Steele Library in Elmira to discuss bullying and how to deal with it with area youth. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 3.39.30 PM.png

"Standing By, Standing Up" is a highly acclaimed educational theater piece following the interwoven stories of a compelling range of characters confronted by Bullying and Cyberbullying. The performance is ideal for 3rd-12th grade audiences, and examines the serious realities of Bullying, Cyberbullying, and Exclusion, but also identifies hopeful outcomes and ways that students can prevent violence in their schools and lives.

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 3.18.23 PM.png

Collins, a native of Oneida NY, is an award-winning actor, writer and solo performer. His one-man shows for violence prevention have entertained and educated audiences at schools, military bases, universities, libraries and other social agencies since 2001. Blending a perfect combination of humor and intensity, Collins has a way of connecting with students and delivering his message according to reviews on his website: 

"Kids connect with Tim easily and he, and they, learn together as they explore challenging issues," writes Rick Gordon of Westminster VT. 

“The show was thought-provoking, entertaining, and powerful," wrote Lizabeth Shrier, a Middle School History Teacher at Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School in Maryland. "There were powerful pauses in the show where the audience could insert there own thinking and conclusions.  I loved it!”

Collins is no stranger to the area, appearing for two performances at Holy Family Elementary school in Elmira in 2014 and then again in 2016 for students from Holy Family, All Saints Academy of Corning and Saint Mary Our Mother came together to see him in Horseheads.

Collins' performance of "Standing By, Standing Up" will be February 21 from 6:30-8:30 pm. For more information go to timcollinsonline.com

Chris    187

We're biased of course ( Tim is my wife's cousin ) but the boys love his presentations. And I know he is really passionate about what he does. 

He also has presentations on other topics like sexual assault. I wish more of the local schools would have him come in and speak with students. 

• Like 1

ARS76    1

I'll be there! Highly encourage you to attend with your kids!  (Preteen/ teen)