Sign in to follow this  
Spiff

Rave Poppin Charlies

Spiff    13

Today's lunch from Poppin Charlies! Smoked Catfish w/mac & cheese and beans. First let me apologize I started to eat the catfish before I took the picture.Ive had smoked fish 2x My first still had a face so definitely less guilt in today's lunch.
On to the important stuff the flavor was well balanced not to much smoke taste and just enough spice to know its there At times I forgot I was eating fish. On to the sides
The mac & cheese was good not dry or over done. Good cheese flavor. I briefly recall shoveling beans down my throat and since there is pictured evidence i know they were not just a dream!! Not pictured was the corn bread. It was gone before i could bring up the camera.
Consistency is very important when making food and i have not had a bad meal at Poppin Charlies!! Order via phone or facebook messenger to have your order ready when you get there.

26239195_10203968221403767_528509747784226731227_10203968221723775_4563236503537

• Like 1

Hal    76

Thanks for putting up the menu ! Now I can pick what I want before I get there . 

Mark    77

Went by this place last night and it appears to have closed down already.  There is a realtor sign on the building.  Too bad.

Seems like a lot of BBQ places opening in the area recently.  Probably be more closures coming as things shake out.

Spiff    13

I hear the realtor signs was a suprise to him as well.However i didnt get that from Charlie so I dont want to gossip.

Spiff    13
On 3/24/2018 at 8:37 PM, KRSullivan said:

Where is this place? 

Was in the old Dominos building by Denny's

• Like 1