ElmiraTelegram.com
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Senator O'Mara Encourages Local Input On Annual Survey

State Senator Tom O’Mara (R,C,I-Big Flats) recently announced that he has launched an online “Community and Legislative Survey” and invited area residents to share their views on a variety of challenges and issues facing the Southern Tier and Finger Lakes regions, and all of New York State, this year.

O’Mara unveiled his 2018 survey with the new session of the State Legislature underway. Governor Andrew Cuomo delivered his eighth State of the State message to the Legislature on Wednesday.

“This annual online survey provides another avenue to encourage local input on a number of the key challenges and concerns facing our region and the state as a whole.  I’m always grateful for the input,” said O’Mara, whose 58th Senate District includes all of Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben and Yates counties, and part of Tompkins County (the city of Ithaca, and the towns of Enfield, Ithaca, Newfield, and Ulysses).

The survey offers an opportunity for local residents to share their own views and suggestions on private-sector job creation, government reform, education, public safety, transportation, health care, and additional issues. 

“It’s not a scientific poll but it does help provide meaningful and useful snapshots of what’s on the minds of area residents paying attention to state government and willing to give some thought to the choices being debated at the Capitol,” said O’Mara.

Those wishing to do so can find the survey HERE.

mkh    0

hmmmm...strongly agree, agree or disagree. It seemed like marketing crap questions.... Yes pie is wonderful! No your opponent sucks......

Mark    30

I couldn't resist.  I did the survey and managed to stuff a three page letter into the "comments" box at the bottom.  There, I feel much better now.  Oh, I still feel oppressed, but at least I'm happier about it.

• Like 2