Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Chris

Black Hole Photographed For The First Time

Chris    906

Of course you won't hear about this, because they're still droning on about the Mueller report on the news stations:

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.56.45 AM.png

The world is seeing the first-ever image of a black hole Wednesday, as an international team of researchers from the Event Horizon Telescope project released their look at the massive black hole at the center of galaxy Messier 87 (M87). The image shows a dark disc "outlined by emission from hot gas swirling around it under the influence of strong gravity near its event horizon," the consortium said.

"As an astrophysicist, this is a thrilling day for me," said National Science Foundation Director France A. Córdova.

The enormous black hole is some 55 million light-years from Earth in the Virgo galaxy cluster, with a mass some 6.5 billion times that of our sun. 

"I am delighted to report that we have, for the first time we have seen what we thought was unseeable. We have taken the first picture of a black hole," said EHT Director Shep Doeleman of Harvard University.

Córdova and Doeleman led a news conference in Washington, D.C., to discuss the team's finding — a process that took place simultaneously on four continents, as researchers held press conferences to share news of what they're calling "a groundbreaking result."

Read the rest at https://www.npr.org/2019/04/10/711723383/watch-earth-gets-its-first-look-at-a-black-hole?fbclid=IwAR1ZQ8LteBF_GZEj6knpf0FoVrczhMXwCpKdGDoSSzBA3-r4XZclLM6K8F4

• Like 1

Ann    266

This will sound strange but when I saw this picture the first thought I had was Eye of God.  

Strange or not it’s what I thought.

• Like 1