Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Suspected Gas Leak At Elmira High School Investigated, Building Deemed Safe

Recommended Posts

Early this morning, a gas smell was reported at Elmira High School. According to the district, after investigation, it was confirmed that there is not a leak and the smell was caused by an extinguished pilot light in the boiler room. The gas to the boiler has been shut off and the boiler has been taken off-line so that it can be inspected for use. 

Students and faculty are safe and are resuming a regular school day.

The district offered thanks to building maintenance staff for their quick response.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this