Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Krusen Campaign Makes Further Claims Of "Dirty Politics"

ElmiraTelegram    109

In an online post titled, "Chronology Of Dirty Politics", candidate for Chemung County Executive Mike Krusen made several statements involving discussing not only past allegations made against him but also more recent events involving the lawsuit filed against him by former First Arena owner, Tom Freeman. 

In the statement, ( which can be read in its entirety HERE ) Krusen begins with the criminal investigation into his use of a county gas card. The statement goes on to list other actions pertaining to the arena leading up to the lawsuit filed by Freeman. 

In what is perhaps the most surprising part of the statement, Krusen alleges that Chemung County Republican Chairman Rodney Strange delivered information to a local television station about the civil suit being filed. 

"Rodney Strange, Republican Party Chair and stated ally of my opponent admittedly saw fit to deliver the lawsuit to WENY," Krusen writes. "Fair enough—but Mr. Strange said that the station called him and that is not the truth.  According to WENY’s statement to the County Executive, Mr. Strange called them on a blocked number and said he had a tip and when he dropped off the suit he made the statement, “I was never here.” You certainly were there Mr. Strange I am just not sure, why you were trying to hide it."

ElmiraTelegram.com has reached out to Strange and waiting to hear back from him. 

The statement goes on to name a couple other political figures from the local Democratic Party.

"The Star Gazette has informed me that none other than political operatives’ former democratic Mayor Jim Hare and former democratic County Legislator Andy Patros forwarded the lawsuit to the paper.  Not unexpected  from them but a more curious finding shows that the cover page of the document they forwarded had neither the date stamp nor index number from the County Clerk’s Office affixed to it.  Mr. Hare and Mr. Patros had received a copy of the document before it was even recorded in the Clerk’s office."

ElmiraTelegram.com contacted Hare and Patros, neither of whom had anything to say about Krusen's allegations.

Republican candidate Sheriff Moss responded with the following statement:

"We're out continuing to spread our message of fair sales tax distribution to assist our Towns, Villages and the City, fixing the failed relationship between the County and the City and discussing why establishing term limits for the Office of County Executive and County Legislature would be beneficial."

Hal    154

Methinks the author of “ Chronology of Dirty Politics “ is more a case of the hier apparent to the County Throne throwing a hissy fit ! It is good to see Candidate Moss is not playing into these tantrums ! And just once could we leave that “ money pit dump “  , namely the Arena , out of the equation . Nothing good ( at least for the common citizen ) has ever or will ever come of that boondoggle ! 

• Like 1

Hal    154
9 minutes ago, Johnny Go said:

At least the whining loudens...

1 hour ago, Mahatma said:

the plot thickins! 

And “ the Stomach Turns “ ! 

• Like 1

Chris    570

Through all this ridiculousness, what stood out to me the most was this:

"According to WENY’s statement to the County Executive, Mr. Strange called them on a blocked number and said he had a tip and when he dropped off the suit he made the statement, “I was never here.”

There's a couple things there that bother me besides the run on sentence.

First, if this is true, the County Executive should stay out of this instead of using his position to seek out answers for a political candidate. 

Secondly, while admittedly I don't hold a degree in journalism, I know that revealing a confidential source is considered a breach of trust. So if a source makes it clear they don't wish to be identified, you don't. 

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Chris    570

All I know is only one candidate has ever stopped here, even in non-election years. That goes a long way with me, further than mud can be slung. Especially in the absence of proof. 

Hal    154

Just sayin ! 

Edited by Hal
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this