Election Results
  • Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
  • 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
  • 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
  • 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
  • 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
  • 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
  • 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
  • 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
  • 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
  • 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
  • 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
  • 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

New York Comptroller Endorses Emanuel For County Executive

ElmiraTelegram    109

Jerome Emanuel picked up a major new supporter in his bid to become the Executive in Chemung County with an endorsement by New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli.

"I am proud to endorse Jerome Emanuel for Chemung County Executive," said New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli."For too long, Chemung County has struggled economically, and as a native of the community, Jerome understands the needs of this region and the hard work that needs to be done to help revitalize the entrepreneurial spirit, combat rural and urban poverty and fix the financial woes of the County. I know he is dedicated to improving the economy for this entire region, and I know he will make an excellent County Executive,"

"I am honored to have the endorsement of our State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli," said Jerome Emanuel, candidate for County Executive. "I have a great deal of respect for Comptroller DiNapoli and his tireless work on behalf of New York families to help get the State to work in the best interest of everyone. I am ready to join the Comptroller in the fight to bring lasting economic growth and prosperity to Chemung County." 

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 1.03.37 PM.png

In endorsing Emanuel, Comptroller DiNapoli emphasized the Democratic candidate's strong commitment to fighting for local jobs done by local labor, combating poverty in the rural and urban parts of the region and relieving the financial stress of the County. The Comptroller's focus on job investment echoed the findings of a 2015 report by his office, which found that between 2009-2014, the Southern Tier had one of the greatest rates of job loss in the state, even as downstate regions saw explosive growth in employment. DiNapoli stated that Emanuel has the bold new vision and energy to bring job growth to Chemung County. 

In recent weeks, Emanuel has gained momentum as a candidate of integrity and commitment. He recently announced that if he is elected he will immediately propose a salary cut of 30% for the Executives position. 

• Like 1

Chris    570

Perhaps, but I haven't heard a whole lot about his actual platform and how he plans to accomplish it either. 

KReed    240

This is the first I've heard of proposing a 30% pay cut for the position if he's elected.

Considering the current salary is more than governor's make in over 40 states - that's certainly a good start for an executive overseeing a county of only 85k residents.

Sign in to follow this