Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Elmira Police Investigate Gunfire And Stabbing On East Center Street

Police are investigating an incident that took place on East Center Street in the City of Elmira. 

This morning at around 1:39 AM the Elmira Police Department responded to the 300 block of E. Center St. for a report of gunshots.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 10.26.05 AM.png

Upon arrival, officers found a number of people and vehicles fleeing the area. A perimeter was set up around a residence and a male subject then exited the residence. It was found this male had received several stab wounds to the head and shoulder area, that would later be found to be non-life threatening.

Officers recovered spent shell casings at the scene, along with a different caliber handgun. Police did not locate anyone with gunshot wounds

Police say the subject that had been observed firing a handgun is described as a light skinned black male, thin build, 6’00” tall, wearing jeans and a white tee-shirt. He was last seen running west on E Center St and getting into a small dark colored SUV.

The involved parties are not cooperating with the investigation at this time. Police ask that anyone with information contact the Elmira Police Department at (607) 737-5626 or the anonymous tip line at 271-HALT.

Hal    146

Involved parties not cooperating with the investigation ! 😱 say it isn’t so !! 

Mark    130

Maybe they should start reporting when there isn't gunfire or crime somewhere in the city.  Just a thought ...

Hal    146

I think for the most part we are becoming desensitized by all this “ dinnit see nuttin “ thing when Police are trying to get to the bottom of things ! IMHO , MEH ... no biggie ! Do I Like the way it’s going or my attitude , Hell no but it just going to get worse before it gets better . Large groups fleeing the scene and nobody cooperating sickens me , and yes it should be a charge obstruction of Justice . But no , the Law shows up , calls EMTs for any injured parties of fights or shootings and so called “ victims “ see nothing ?? Meanwhile that Ambulance is not able to respond to that guy having a heart attack or that baby choking ... no their skills are being Wasted , that’s what I said Wasted , at the scene of some Drama injury or other such nonsense as we are seeing in Elmira anymore ! YMMV ( an old Marcy acronym ) but it’s all good !