Sign in to follow this  
ElmiraTelegram

Moss The Right Candidate For County Executive

Chemung County has a historic opportunity ahead of us. With nearly every county legislative district contested including  the Executive position, the future of the county, sink or swim, rests largely in the hands of the voters.

We have the choice of three candidates this year, all of them fine people I’m sure, but there is one I think will deliver the results that Chemung County not only wants, but needs: Sheriff Chris Moss.

From Day One, Moss was the first candidate to propose a plan to redistribute sales tax monies back to municipalities throughout Chemung County. This includes the City of Elmira, whose financial woes have made up a large part of the news over the past couple years.

Speaking of the City of Elmira, Chris has the ability to work with the city government, unencumbered by the current friction between county and city. He also has the managerial experience to oversee county affairs, and an established relationship with many within the city, town, and county governments. He is the sole candidate with both of those qualifications, I believe.

For nearly 20 years the leadership of Chemung County has remained the same. That’s longer than any in the County Executive in the past, and frankly, far too long. Public service shouldn’t be a decades long career.  Moss’s platform includes term limits: 2 consecutive 4 year terms for the County Executive, and 3 consecutive 4 year terms for County Legislators. Term limits are long overdue in all forms of government, and finally there’s a candidate who wants to make them happen, if only on the local level.

It’s time for a fresh start in Chemung County, someone with not only vision but a track record of getting things done. I fully support Sheriff Chris Moss for Chemung County Executive.

Chris Sherwood, Lowman

• Like 8

Sign in to follow this