- Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
- 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
- 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
- 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
- 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
- 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
- 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
- 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
- 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
- 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
- 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
- 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
English & Welsh Civil Registration 1837-present.
July 1837 saw the responsibilities of the church passed over to the government. Registration of life events became a civil responsibility. This class will examine the birth, marriage and death indexes, transcriptions, and certificates, how to access and understand the document numbers and order a copy of the original certificate on-line from the General Registry Office (GRO). (Level Beginner to Intermediate)
Saturday Sept. 15, 1-3pm at the Steele Memorial Library. $5 registration fee. Call 607-733-9175 to register.
Liz Pearson was born in England where she spent many years researching her own family history. During the late 70's her professional life transplanted her to New York and Washington DC where she found many opportunities to share her English and Welsh expertise with Anglo Americans researching their roots. She holds several research qualifications and is an associate member of the Society of Genealogists in London, England. Liz now volunteers and teaches for the Pinellas (FL) Genealogical Society as well as offering professional genealogy services in English and Welsh family history. Liz is also a photographer and likes to spend her spare time capturing images of elusive wild orchids and uncooperative fauna.
Other upcoming Liz Pearson genealogy classes at the Steele Memorial Library in Elmira NY:
Fri. July 13, 1-3pm: English and Welsh Parish Records 1538 -1837. Parish Laws, responsibilities and jurisdictions; Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers;
Useful online resources for English and Welsh Family History Research.
Sat Oct.13, 1-3pm: English and Welsh Census Pre-1841, 1841-1911; Latest DNA findings of the United Kingdom.
Useful online resources for English and Welsh Family History Research