- Chemung County Executive Race: Chris Moss (R) 55% Jerome Emanuel (Dem) 29% Krusen (I) 16%
- 1st District: Pastrick (R) 57% Pucci (Dem) 43%
- 2nd District: Manchester (R) 69% Saglibene (Con) 30%
- 3rd District: Sweet (R) 53% Lynch (Dem) 40%
- 4th District: Brennan (R) 64% Bond (Dem) 35%
- 5th District: Margeson (R) 64% Stow (Dem) 20% Miller 15% (I)
- 7th District: Sonsire (Dem) 63% Milliken (R) 36%
- 8th District: Woodard (R) 58% Callas (Dem) 41%
- 9th District: Burin (R) 74% Fairchild (I) 25%
- 12th District: McCarthy (Dem) 50% Collins (R) 45%
- 13th District: Drake (R) 65% Logan-Lattimore (Dem) 34%
- 14th District: Smith (R) 68% Heyward (Dem) 31%
Events happening today
Mar 03, 2018To be held Saturday, March 03, 2018 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Additional Dates will be Saturday, June 02, 2018 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
At Nature’s Way Farm
3 State Route 224
Van Etten, NY
The price for the course is $75.00
Three part Beekeeper Course taught by full time professional beekeepers with 25 years of sustainable beekeeping experience. Final course day will be held in one of our local bee yards for hands on experience. Visit natureswayfarm.com to sign up.
For more information contact:
Nature’s Way Farm
Community Calendar 0 Comments
Mar 03, 2018ELMIRA - The Chemung County Health Department, in conjunction with the SPCA, will be offering the following free rabies vaccination clinic to New York State residents:
Big Flats American Legion
45 Olcott Road South Big Flats, NY 14814 Saturday, March 3, 2018 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Cats, dogs and ferrets, three months of age or older, must be on a leash or in a carrier and under the control of a responsible adult. Jonathan Keough, Supervising Public Health Sanitarian with the Chemung County Health Department, reminds dog and cat owners to bring proof of a previous rabies vaccination if they wish to receive a three-year certificate for their pets.
To assure the smooth operation of the clinics, Mr. Keough recommends that owners of multiple dogs bring their animals in one at a time. Once they have waited in line for one pet, those owners will be allowed to have additional dogs vaccinated without waiting in line again. Dog owners should also come prepared to clean up after their animals should accidents occur. Cat owners lacking carriers should talk to clinic staff before removing their animal from their vehicles.
The NYS Sanitary Code and Public Health Law require that all cats, dogs, and ferrets (four months of age or older) be vaccinated to prevent rabies. Please be aware that pet owners who do not comply with NYS Public Health Law rabies vaccination requirements may be subject to a fine of up to $200.00. Free rabies clinics are providing at least every four months throughout the year so that there should be no excuse for a pet owner not to get their pet vaccinated. Residents are urged to take advantage of these free clinics to be responsible pet owners and to avoid being in violation of the law.
If special assistance is needed at the clinic, please call 737-2019 a few days prior to the clinic.
For more information call the Chemung County Health Department at 737-2019 or EHS@co.chemung.ny.us.
Community Calendar 0 Comments